Pages

Wednesday 2 August 2017

Ping pong

In the practical lesson of ping pong what I had to do first and the class was to set up the ping pong tables. In the game of Table tennis also known as (ping pong) the aim of the game is to try and strike the ball over the net towards the opponents just like in tennis.

The level of effort I grade myself is an achieved, Why? because during the time of setting up the equipment to play I would always get distracted and tempted to leave without staying and helping out my classmates. During times I'd help, another reason was because I thought I did well playing the game with my teammate and showing honesty if anything went wrong during the matches. Other then that I thought, during the game I participated well but during the construction of setting up the tables to play I did horrible and for that is why I grade myself an achieved.

Skill level- challenge+ friends/classmates+

First of skill level, it had a negative affect on my participation because at various times i'd come up with a mistake in the game which made me want to quit and stop playing. An example was when i kept missing and not striking the ping pong ball properly. Challenge what so ever had a positive affect on my participation because I felt like the teams were even, mixed up with underrated players. Something that happened during the games I played in was that teams gave me competition, only winning by 1 point in the first 2 games made me want to continue on with the winning streak.

Friends/classmates had a positive affect on my participation because during the time of being in teams of 2 my teammate would pick me up and encourage me to keep playing when I'd always make a mistake. An example was when I kept missing the ball and he'd always say "its alright USO, its alright".

In the future things I can do to increase my participation is by helping construct the tables.  

1 comment:

Tania said...

Kia ora Ivan,
Again, another honest and well thought out reflection. You are right, sometimes your skill level can make you feel like you don't want to play but like you said, competition made you want to continue. It is great to hear that your team mates were encouraging. Have you played ping-pong many times before?
Tania

Post a Comment